Shop Me

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Bigger Introduction

Well, I made another little intro video to tell give you a little better idea of who I am. I'm complicated with a lot of interests in all different ends of the spectrum though, so to really get to know me will probably take weeks or months of random thoughts being put down in video form.




After I made this vlog it became a frustrating day! I packed up my little distributor kit, table, and other goodies, drove 30 miles to the other side of town for a home business expo in someone's house, and when I got there I was told that it was actually next weekend! That's not what I was told, but what can be done? Just ugh!

If there was any confusion in the last vlog, I did get in a bit of trouble with the company I work with over a compliance misunderstanding, but I didn't get fired or quit - I am still HAPPILY with them, just frustrated that someone went behind my back instead of helping me to my face. I don't disagree that I was non-compliant, but I honestly didn't know I was saying anything in the "wrong" way (again, because everyone else says it that way). But if someone knew who I was, they should have said something to me first. I mean, if you work in an office and you know the rule is no food in your cubicle, then a new guy gets hired and you see him eating at his desk, would you let him know he could get in trouble for that or just go rat him out to the boss and laugh in the background? It's really just made me uncomfortable and untrusting of others right now.

But with the little expo being off of my plate, I thought I would go with my family to my son's friend's birthday party. The mom was supposed to call me with finalized details, but didn't, so I went by what she told me yesterday after school, which was that the party would be at "x" place at 3:30. We searched all over and his friend was nowhere to be found (and an identical thing happened with a different classmate last weekend, and we even had the invitation in hand!). I think I might be done with birthday parties for strangers for a while now, maybe I'll just limit RSVP'ing "yes" to things in the neighborhood so we don't waste so much time and money driving around for nothing.

No-shows and people blowing you off has been a constant problem around here that I'm not really used to or fond of. People here are just rude in general, and there are so many flakes that it's hard to make many friends.

Then somehow, my Facebook page for the vlog got deleted or removed or something, so I had to redo setting that up (http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/#!/pages/Megan-Vlog/148686335194737). It really wasn't a huge deal, but I just can't seem to win for losing today! I'm ready for bed at 7pm here, hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment