Shop Me

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Bit More on Sorority Recruitment

Since college season is coming up for thousands of people, and a lot of ladies will rush sororities, I thought I'd get these videos up (hopefully) in time for that season.

As a little disclaimer, I am speaking primarily from the perspective of the NPC sorority organization, but I am not endorsed, paid, or in any other way affiliated to any college or sorority (other than being a member of one, of course). I also catch myself using some terminology that's not really accurate any longer, like "rush" which is now preferred to be called "recruitment," and "pledge" versus "new member," "pledge sister," or other terms. I have studied Greek organizations for years, and those are the terms that are sort of stuck in my head, and also the same terms a lot of people still use and think of outside of the Greek system. However, I mean no disrespect to any organization, this is just my way of speaking combined with my own experiences.

So take care and I hope these are helpful to someone out there. There are a lot of misconceptions about what Greek life is, how recruitment works, and what's important, so please do your homework on the different groups.

How Formal Recruitment Works at Some Sororities:


Thinking about what sororities to look into, recommendations, and other bits:

^ It's in a roller coaster background because that's how recruitment can feel, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment