Shop Me

Thursday, May 19, 2011

If You Don't Fit In

I have to say I am feeling frustrated today. I had volunteered to do an adoption blog for no payment, but was rejected after a three month wait to hear back from Adoptive Families. I hate when people won't even give you suggestions or corrections that would get you approved, but instead just throw you away (especially when it's something you're offering to do for free!).

I'd already figured out that they didn't want me to blog for them based on the fact that I was only supposed to wait 30 days to hear a response and it took them from January 19th until today to say no thank you.

While I hate rejection, I am somewhat relieved, because I don't think I could keep up with it, this vlog/blog, and everything else. I don't think I could do a blog that just dealt with one topic because I am such a multi-dimensional person. Take for instance my most poplar vlog by far - the ribbon making tutorials - that's something I would have never made if I pin holed myself into just doing one topic, because I don't craft enough these days to come up with enough ideas to blog consistently like that.

Part of my reasons for starting this blog was because I have such a difficult time fitting myself inside of a mold. I have a few things I'm very good at, or knowledgeable about, and a lot of other things that I have a few things to say, am dabbling in, or have some thoughts about. Being all over the place is part of what I consider my gift and curse in life; to go out and enjoy learning and finding new challenges. Some things stick with me for life, other things I learn and move on, but I never feel like I have any one direction to go in, which can make it hard to find a successful career in life.

The tag line I came up with for this blog is "weird, random, wonderful" which is what my life is. So, friends, as many great people have learned throughout time, if you can't fit into the mold you want, that's alright, you don't have to compare yourself to anyone else. I can't be the best Martha Stewart, Angelina Jolie, Aeon Flux (I know that's not a real person, but she does kick butt all the same), or anyone else, because I am already rocking at being me, and for all my flaws and faults, I like myself.

So keep your eyes peeled for some future vlogs that have nothing to do with one another, such as:
how to spread your business with Facebook,
dealing with constant moves and kids,
learning extreme couponing (which I'm trying out right now!),
why you should go Greek during or after college,
and loving you for you.

If you don't fit in, just break the mold :)

No comments:

Post a Comment