Shop Me

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

See, the Military is Full of Criminals!

True story that happened yesterday: My dad comes here to visit, loses his iPhone between the PX and getting into the vehicle to leave (not sure if it was dropped or if he was pick pocketed - we'll use the benefit of the doubt and say it was dropped on the ground or fell in a chair at the food court). He realizes 10-15 minutes later that the phone is gone, and goes back to search. I call the phone - it's off. Since they don't find shattered pieces anywhere, I assume it was taken. So I leave a message on the phone.

Another 10-15 minutes later, we get a call saying that the caller's buddy gave him to phone to return. He was an MP that found it, erased everything on the phone, and was going to resell it. That is, until he heard my message! Apparently, that scared the crap out of him, so he handed the phone to a friend and bolted.

Now, finding a phone in the PX area, you can guess it belongs to a soldier. Not only do you attempt to flat out steal it, but you're an MP??? The guy that's supposed to be UPHOLDING the law on post???? If you didn't see my post on the military being full of convicts, go check it out, this is a perfect follow up post!



And yes, it was my dad's fault for dropping the phone (if he did in fact drop it), but come on, where is the decency of people? Especially around Christmas time. Why should I have to threaten to get the real police involved to get back what's already mine? And deleting the pictures and apps, that was just evil. This reminds me of last year, when my mom placed an order on toysrus.com, accidentally switched two of the numbers on our address, and I had to threaten to call the police to get a package back from our neighbors when the box had our fricken name on it! I hate everything about the military at this point...

No comments:

Post a Comment