Shop Me

Friday, November 25, 2011

Within the Consumer Maddness - Black Friday 2011

Oh my, I am so exhausted after on-again-off-again shopping insanity since 10pm Thursday, when Wal-Mart kicked off Black Thursday. I'll post my video commentary, then follow it up with our shopping spree items and prices so that people learning how to work great deals can get an idea on what goes on sale and the price differences (the benefits of being patient in a bad economy basically).



Unfortunately, and as a lesson to everyone, I did get a little panicked and rushed to buy a Zelda 3DS bundle online, only to have my husband get a second one the next morning, along with a Mario 3DS bundle. He bought the second Zelda bundle because the manager at GameStop told him that the online store does not track stock and will often over sell items, then delay or cancel orders because of that. So, they scared him into grabbing one while he could, then we got a shipment confirmation for the online purchased one a few hours later (I actually tried to cancel the order, but the site messed up and customer service wouldn't answer the phone and didn't get my email in time, obviously), followed by finding the bundles all over town, much cheaper, later in the day. So now we have three 3DS bundles, when the goal was to only get the one - and that is exactly why I never let my husband do any shopping!

Here is my physical haul for the day:


3DS bundles. The Zelda set was $130 at GameStop with the trade-in of a DS Lite system ($70 store credit, much higher than normal). The Mario bundle was a full $199. I wouldn't have paid full price for that one, but, like I said, my husband went out alone and doesn't care about the price of anything!


The top two puppy pajamas were $7 shirt, pants, and slipper sets from Target. The rest are two girls PJs and a boys lightweight hoodie, each under $5.


Skylanders XBox 360 Starter Kit, $50 at Target (reg. $80), Skylanders individual figures, buy 1 get 1 from Toys R' Us (making them about $4 each, regular $8), and the Skylanders packs, also part of the Toys R' Us deal for $20 total (reg. $40).


Sonic Generations 360 game, $30 at GameStop (just released for $60 a few weeks ago), Ninjago DS game, $10 at GameStop (reg. $30), and Zhu Zhu Pets: Quest for Zhu DVD $5 from Wal-Mart (reg. $13). The PS3 Rio and Rango were $12.xx each from the PX with their 50% off all clearance games special (normally $30/ea). Walking Dead Season 1 Blu-Ray, The Community Season 1 DVD, and X-Men: First Class Blu-Ray combo pack were all actually free for me, because I used my Amazon credit card points - but the total was under $50 with their flash deals and the shipping was free. I can't remember what each cost individually, and Amazon is no longer listing the prices, but you can't beat that!


SpongeBob Yahtzee Jr. $4 at Target. Squinkies deluxe cupcake playset $10 at Wal-Mart (reg $20-ish).


Blu-Ray Player, $50. Ninja blender $18.xx (reg. $25-50, depending on where you find it). Both from Wal-Mart.


Gorgeous Disney Store ornaments, 2/$18 (reg. $10.50/ea). WARNING: I would NOT recommend these for houses with young children or active pets. They are all EXTREMELY delicate and fragile, with many of the ones in the store being already broken.


Bath & Body Works VIP 2011 bag, $20 w/$40 purchase (valued at $103.xx). It included the black bag with a zebra print interior, 2 cosmetic pouches (1 zebra, 1 giraffe print), Be Enchanted shower gel, lotion, and shimmering mist, lipgloss, Mistletoe Kiss foaming hand soap, Sleep tea lotion, a lovely pink loofah, pocket hand sanitizer w/holder, and a new lotion pump! I love the pump idea, because I'm always balancing bottles up-side-down when they start running low, and then they topple over.


My entire BBW purchase, including the VIP bag, 6 bottles of soap for $20 total, and buy 3 get 3 free Signature Collection items for $36 total.



I also got some online deals that I may post later on. But, for now, happy shopping, happy holidays, and everyone eat left overs and relax for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment