Shop Me

Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Long Overdue Post on Disneyland

Back in June I had the opportunity to go to Disneyland with my husband and kids, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I am an animation nut, so I have always been in love with Disney's work, and I was really amazed with all of theJune I had the opportunity to go to Disneyland with my husband and kids, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I am an animation nut, so I have always been in love with Disney's work, and I was really amazed with all of the activities the park had to offer. I've been joking with everyone that the staff there was so nice and overly friendly that I can't be happy anywhere else that I go.

The only complaint I have are the crowds. From 11am - 9pm the parks are very packed, and it gets to be a pain to get in line for anything. Keep in mind though, this was June, I'm sure in the off season it's much easier to go through the lines.

Here is a little photo journey through the parks ~ my camera died as soon as we got there, so most of these are kind of blurry from my camera phone.





These cookies were amazing and only $3.50, which is pretty good for Disney prices!




I love that they have Rapunzel's tower complete with hair wrapping around the park!


ASIMO was a cool little robot - I can't wait to have a robotic helper in my home, lol!


Minnie Mouse was the ONLY character that my daughter cared about seeing, but her reaction is priceless!








Jim Henson was such an amazing creative mind, I have been looking forward to seeing this show for decades! :)


Woody in the It's a Small World ride.




You know your husband rocks if he'll wear your hearts and fruit styled 31 bag around! haha. And I love the Tron stuff they had (you can see it in the background).


Beautiful new restaurant in California Adventure. Too bad they couldn't seat us, I was really hoping for some sit down dining.


I couldn't believe how big this ferris wheel was - and some of the carts swung while it moved! We got on it, but I was so terrified the entire time that I had tears coming out.




Radiator Springs section coming in June 2012!


For the record, and as per usual, I am NOT being paid, endorsed, or otherwise compensated by the Disney people. Maybe someday when I finished my animation degree, but not at this time. activities the park had to offer. I've been joking with everyone that the staff there was so nice and overly friendly that I can't be happy anywhere else that I go.

BUT, I will say that the staff was extremely amazing. We bought tickets on Orbitz for $188 per person, but then when we went to the desk to turn our computer print out into tickets, the manager walked by and said there was a military discount going on. So, we got a gift card for $300+ dollars back as a refund for not getting the discount on Orbitz! I don't know many other places that would go out of their way to do something like that, and it covered all of our expenses in the park, and made it so that we could afford some souvenirs. We will definitely be back, hopefully next year after the Cars park opens! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment